- International Name:
- Korean name: 트 와이스 (teuwaiseu)
- Twice Why ?: Because TWICE conquer you "twice": once for the eyes and one for the ears. Or, what would be the same, the first time with its exceptional music and the second for its amazing performances.
- Origin: South Korea.
- Members: 9
- Debut : 20 October 2015.
- Official fanclub name: ONCE (원스)
- Why ?: Once "ONCE & TWICE" ; once, twice, two words go together like thread and needle. Even if the fans just love them once, they will give twice as love. Once a fan, twice the fun!
- Motto: One in a million! (One in a million).
- JYP Entertainment - (Same as Wonder Girls , 2PM , Miss A , 15 & , GOT7 , Baek Ah Yeon , day6 ,Bernard Park , G.Soul).
Pre-debut: New JYP Girl Group and Sixteen Edit
In 2012, a video of Dahyun at church performing a “head-banging, wing-flapping, and thoroughly irrepressible dance” to Hillsong’s "The Power of Your Love" went viral and earned her the moniker "Eagle Dance Church Sister." She regained interest after fans noticed that she had been cast in a video teaser forGot7's "Stop Stop It."
On December 19, 2013, JYP Entertainment announced that they would debut a new girl group in the first half of 2014, the first female group to come out of the company since the debut of miss A in 2010. On February 27, 2014, the well-known JYP trainees Lena and Cecilia was confirmed as members of the group, while other members were rumored to be JYP trainees Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jisoo (later Jihyo) and Minyoung. After Cecilia's departure, JYP trainee Sana replaced her and was about to debut until Lena left the company, causing the group to not debut.
On February 11, 2015, Park Jin-young announced that the lineup of JYP's upcoming girl group would be decided through Sixteen, a competition survival show that would air onMnet later that year. Park explained in a press conference prior to the show's airing that he hoped the group would "have the Wonder Girls' and miss A's natural, healthy feel, with an edgier and wilder side. I want to upgrade this next group by adding elements like hip-hop and rap." The show began on May 5 and ended with Nayeon, Sana, Dahyun, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Mina, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Momo as the final Twice members with the anticipation to debut the group in late 2015.
On 10 July 2015, Twice opened their official Instagram account with the first picture of the nine members posing together as Twice. It was also announced that JYP Entertainment would release TwiceTV, a web series that will share members' hopes and stories through interviews and follow them as they prepare for their debut.
2015: Debut with The Story Begins Edit
On October 7, 2015, JYP Entertainment launched the band's official website and announced via SNS that the group would debut with the mini-album The Story Begins and title-track "Like OOH-AHH". The track is described as a 'color pop' dance track with elements of hip-hop, rock, and R&B. The composition team included Black Eyed Pilseung, known for composing successful releases such as Miss A's "Only You."On October 20, the album and the song's music video were released online and through the Naver V App.The group held a live showcase the same day, where they performed "Like OOH-AHH" along with dance tracks "Must Be Crazy" and "Do It Again."The music video hit 20 million views within two months of their debut.
On December 2, 2015, news reported that Twice had signed 10 CF contracts totaling to around 1.8 billion won. It is the most for any rookie girl group after a month since their debut. On December 27, the band performed a remix version of their single "Like OOH-AHH" at SBS Gayo Daejeon, Twice's first-ever attendance on a year-end music program.
- Nayeon (Lead Vocalist,Face of the Group).
- Jeongyeon (Lead Vocalist).
- Momo (Main Dancer, Vocalist,Sub-Rapper).
- Sana (Lead Dancer,Vocalist).
- Jihyo (Leader, Main Vocalist).
- Mina (Vocalist and Lead Dancer).
- Dahyun (Lead Rapper, Vocalist).
- Chaeyoung (Main Rapper, Vocalist).
- Tzuyu (Lead Dancer,Maknae, Vocalist,Visual).